Sunday, March 25, 2012

Realization at Mad Monster Party

At the Mad Monster Party Convention in Charlotte, NC on March 24, 2012, I was privileged enough to meet with Craig Sheffer and Anne Bobby. Which was beyond how I'd imagined it to be. They are both down to earth super friendly, amazing people. Meeting them was great as my fiance had recently introduced me to Nightbreed, and I liked it. I will be the first to admit I hadn't read Clive Barker's Cabal (and at this current moment still haven't), however, I enjoyed the movie, Richie has loved the book and the movie since he was a child.

After my first time seeing Nightbreed, Richie tried to talk me into reading the book, I just didn't see that I would want to since in Nightbreed, there didn't seem to be a coherent story.

Then I saw The Director's Cut of Nightbreed at the Mad Monster Party.

I am definitely carving out some time to read Clive Barker's book now.

The story that was cut out of this movie is a beautiful story. It is heartbreaking, chilling, and even a little insightful (for me anyway). There is this rich meaning behind Nightbreed that was never put out for the public to see, a story that made me cry, smile, and hide my eyes at times.

After the movie, the panel that discussed things with the crowd tugged at my heart. Anne Bobby cried, and as she cried something tugged at my mind. Then with the support of the crowd, Anne was coaxed into singing for us. Her voice is more amazing in person that it was in the film.

Listening to the stories that people have with this film, the memories, and now the realization that the story was meant to be a more complete creature, many people want to see the film the way Clive Barker meant for it to be seen. What can I do? I want to see this film again, go through the emotions again, I want to share it with my family and friends.

So here I am, I am going to do my best to find out info on how to help get this film up and going so that it will be put out on DVD for the masses. If you want to help, stick around and follow the tips that I am going to do my best to unearth.

This is for you Anne Bobby (I know it's not a Frisbee, but it will have to do):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...